Wednesday, July 21, 2010

First Raspberries and Cheesecake


The first raspberries of the season are finally here! It looks like we will have a bumper crop this year. Our bushes are the Heritage variety and we planted them in 2001 so they are well established now. They made a beautiful topping for the last piece of Vanilla Bean Cheesecake. On a recent visit to The Cheesecake Factory I tried their Vanilla Bean Cheesecake, it was so delicious that I came home and found a recipe that is supposed to mimic theirs on Recipe Goldmines site. My family gave it rave reviews even though I didn't top it off with with vanilla mousse and whipped cream like Cheesecake Factory does. The raspberries look pretty and have fewer calories!







I love the look of dessert on the black and white Royal Stafford dishes. The sterling silver baby fork is one I found recently on a thrifting excursion.
Enjoy the fruits of the season.
Jodie


2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogland. I love your black dishes. Everything looks so pretty. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, your fresh raspberries look delicious on that yummy cheesecake. Of course, serving them on that beautiful china with the silver ware made it even more special. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete